|em ( ver perfil)|
|Data de Publicação||04/06/2019|
Informática / Tecnologia
Site Operations Engineer
The Site Operations Engineer in the Technical Operations department is responsible to maintain, support and improve the infrastructure required for a DevOps culture. The engineer will be part of the team driving the DevOps processes and collaboration between product management, software engineering, and operations.
The role falls under the Technical Operations department, which is responsible for the provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure and systems. These systems include highly available and scalable production Java based web applications, as well as Staging, QA and development environments and tools. Apart from the existing proprietary and ancillary systems, the company is is building the next-generation micro-service platform, with fully automated release and deployment cycles, making use of hybrid-cloud infrastructure. The site operations engineer will be part of the team managing all systems and migrating services to new infrastructure whilst abiding with SLAs.
• Automate release processes of all systems, using tools like Rundeck, Ansible and Puppet.
• Automate configuration management of all levels of the environments.
• Be involved in ‘Dockerizing’ all systems, including production environments.
• Maintain the automated monitoring at all levels: Hardware, Networking, Virtualisation, Operating Systems, Databases, and all Applications, on dedicated hardware or cloud, using tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus and PRTG.
• Train developers and other stakeholders to use the DevOps tools and processes, advocating collaboration. Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Maintain healthy systems and develop and measure KPIs in all system layers.
• Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues and provide timely support to customers and internal departments.
• Be part of the on-call technical support team.
• Setup environments for new customers.
• Interact with third-party suppliers and other departments as required.
• Managing change to production systems.
• B.Sc. Degree in ICT, Engineering or equivalent qualification or a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems and scripting languages such as Bash, Awk, Groovy, Python, Ruby and Golang.
• Experience with tools used for provisioning (such as Docker, Helm and Ansible), configuration management (such as Puppet), build orchestration (Jenkins), continuous delivery (CI/CD pipelines), intra-service orchestration (Kubernetes) and infrastructure management (Terraform).
• Good grasp of Software Release Process and other Site Operations processes.
• Proficient in virtual server technologies such as VMWare.
• Knowledge of current computer security practices and network protocols and devices.
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Industry certifications as well as sound knowledge on PCI-DSS will be considered an asset.