|em ( ver perfil)|
|Data de Publicação||04/06/2019|
Contabilidade / Finanças
SENIOR CLIENT ACCOUNTANT
Our client provides international wealth management, legal, fiduciary and business services to both corporate and private clients, particularly family and owner-managed businesses. They devise and implement strategies and solutions for the creation, preservation and management of their clients’ wealth and commercial success. It has operated internationally for more than forty years and serves a client base throughout Europe and other parts of the world, including blue-chip organisations and multinationals, as well as high net worth individuals and families. An opportunity has arisen for a Client Accountant to join their Malta office.
Summary of the position;
The successful applicant will work as part of a global client accounting services team providing day-to-day accounting services to both private and corporate clients. The role holder will provide client accounting services to a portfolio of clients assigned to them, including reviewing work performed by client accounting teams based elsewhere, assisting with any queries arising, co-ordinating with other team members, clients and external parties, ensuring that an effective and efficient service is delivered.
• Provide client accounting, tax compliance (where appropriate) and other services to an allocated client portfolio which includes the production of financial statements for companies, trusts and/or other legal entities.
• Prepare interim reports, management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
• Assist other team members and review their work when required.
• Applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting reports conform to set standards.
• Carrying out on a timely basis all necessary administrative tasks.
• Ensure that client accounting files are organized and complete.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and with other functions (e.g. administrators, lawyers, associates, etc.).
• Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
• Provide assistance with any required analysis work and special projects as required.
• Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance indicators.
• Identify and contribute to the mitigation of risks.
• Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
• Have a recognised professional accounting qualification – ACCA or equivalent
• Have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, to include the preparation of annual financial statements, ideally within the financial services industry.
• Knowledge and experience of working under Malta and/or international company law, specifically as to holding and finance vehicles, financing, corporate transactions, incorporation and liquidation would be an advantage.
• Experience in producing IFRS and/or GAPSE financial statements and/or consolidations would be an advantage.
• Be fluent in English and have strong writing skills in English language.
• Be computer literate with good knowledge of all MS Office packages.
• Be highly organised with a systematic work method.
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines is a prerequisite.
• Ability to work with teams involved in multiple disciplines across different locations
• Ability to deal with both operational/procedural and client issues
• Be pro-active, motivated and flexible.
• The ability to take ownership of individual issues and ensure they are resolved to the satisfaction of the internal or external client and company
Learning and development:
• Training will be delivered by coaching and mentoring, with a personal development plan agreed on an annual basis
• Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required
• Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required
• The Senior Private Client Accountant will report to the Head of Office based in Malta and will work as part an international team of Private Client Accountants. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with colleagues working in other company jurisdictions.