|em ( ver perfil)|
|Data de Publicação||04/06/2019|
Direito / Justiça
About the Role:
Working with Group Compliance, this opportunity is ideal for those seeking to establish or further their career in Compliance. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Group Compliance Function and will be reporting to the Senior VP Compliance based in London.
The Compliance Officer / MLRO role will be a strategic business partner and integral member of the Malta senior management team and the regional compliance team. They will provide leadership and direction to ensure that the region’s Compliance function has appropriate and relevant people, processes and systems to contribute to the achievement of the Group’s business goals in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. This is an excellent and rare opportunity for the right person to use their creativity and expertise to contribute to the new architecture of the Compliance function that will underpin the organization for continued success. Full training and support will be provided.
• Build and maintain a constructive and professional relationship with all relevant regulators, external auditors and other external parties, and internal customers.
• Work with senior management to facilitate a robust compliance culture.
• Evolve the organisation and control environment of company Compliance.
• Responsible for designing, managing and overseeing the execution of the regulatory compliance oversight programs (e.g. monitoring, regulatory reporting, training) of applicable business units and legal entities in conformity with Group and local standards.
• Support the effective identification, measurement, control and management of regulatory compliance risk through ensuring that all the applicable regulatory compliance teams adopt and follow the Group Compliance methodologies including:
o Overseeing the process of including all applicable laws, rules, regulations and compliance risks into their respective business environments;
o Managing the annual and regulatory compliance risk assessment processes;
o Assessing the overall regulatory posture of the region’s business units and offices and assessing the overall effectiveness of the respective compliance oversight programs.
• Contribute to the global development, implementation, review and revisions of regulatory compliance policies, procedures and systems.
• Responsible as MLRO for ensuring that an appropriate AML regime is in place.
• Monitor applicable regulatory changes and provide effective change management within the business units to address such changes.
• Actively participate in the Senior Risk and Compliance Forum.
• Collaborating with Legal, Risk and Internal Audit, as appropriate. In particular, jointly developing a relationship management strategy for all relevant regulators and leading the execution of the strategy.
• College Diploma or university degree in a financial or legal area would be desirable.
• A minimum of 2 years related work experience in the Malta financial sector.
• Strong knowledge of the Malta regulatory environment in particular AML/CFT, data protection and outsourcing.
• Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English (written & oral); Knowledge of Maltese will be a plus but not a prerequisite.
• Compliance monitoring experience will be a plus.
• Pro-active and result driven.
What We Offer:
• A challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic and global Compliance team.
• Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
• Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
• Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.